TENANT SELECTION AND OCCUPANCY MANAGER
The Revere Housing Authority (RHA) provides safe and affordable housing to low income families through the management of Federal and State funded programs. RHA is seeking a Tenant Selection and Occupancy Manager for its Federal, State and Section 8 New Construction public housing and voucher portfolio. The Tenant Selection and Occupancy Manager is responsible for determining eligibility for public housing, maintaining the waiting lists and managing the leasing and continued occupancy process. The position requires exceptional organizational skills, attention to detail, professionalism and public relations skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include but not limited to the following. Additional duties or job functions may be required as deemed necessary.
• In charge of vacancy management and leasing for the RHA public housing portfolio of 900 state and federally funded units
• Have or develop full knowledge of eligibility requirements for Massachusetts and Federal housing applicants
• Maintain accurate records (both manual and computer-based) and filing system for all applications
• Oversees the proper maintenance of all applicant files.
• Efficient and timely processing of all required occupancy and change in household forms, reports and related information.
• Responsible for quarterly vacancy and other reports as necessary
• Performs intakes for state housing, federal housing, AHVP/MRVP rental assistance, etc.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Strong verbal and excellent written communication skills; strong computer skills; knowledge of Microsoft Office and industry standard programs; ability to take and give direction; quick learner; desire to develop professionally; a passion for helping and assisting people; ability to write routine reports and correspondence; ability to grasp and apply public housing rent calculation regulations accurately; willingness to help out and be a team player
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position oversees the Assistant Tenant Selection and Occupancy Manager
Education and or Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• 3 years’ benefits eligibility determination experience
• 2 years leasing experience, including preparing all leasing documents
• Proven experience in records management and filing, data entry, dealing with the public
This position reports directly to the Director for Housing Management. Salary Range $42,000 to $45,000. Excellent benefits. Applications may be submitted by sending resumes with salary requirements to: Revere Housing Authority, Box TS, 70 Cooledge Street, Revere MA 02151. This position will remain open until filled. RHA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.