Position: Primary function is competent administration of HUD’s Regulations governing the Section 8 program for applicants, voucher holders and Landlords. The coordinator is responsible for annual and interim recertification, communications to tenants and landlords, reporting to HUD, and performance compliance.
Reports to: Joan Ambrosino Director of Leased Housing Management
Salary: $45,000.00 to $48,000.00 (depending of experience)
· Critically review information provided by applicants and tenants for legitimacy, completeness and compliance with HUD program requirements and RHA Administrative Plan.
· Verify, via third party to the extent possible, all household family members, sources and amounts of income and assets.
· Work with HUD-provided reporting systems (EIV), other public agencies, private institutions and employers as appropriate.
· Contact program participants as appropriate to ensure timely completion of program requirements, annual recertification, and interim changes.
· Accurately complete initial, interim, and recertification calculations, and documentation for tenant file and entry to HAB software.
· Understand key documents and publications issued by HUD and incorporate into day-to-day program administration.
· Complete, issue, obtain signatures and send executed HAP contracts to landlords.
· Establish monthly landlord (HAP) payments in the RHA software systems.
· Serve as liaison with current and new landlords.
· Assist, provide information and help resolve landlord and tenant issues relating to program participation.
· Other duties as assigned.
Applicant should have the capability to work independently and to assume responsibility for completion of complex workload without close supervision, demonstrated time management and organizational skills. This position requires the ability to research, problem solve and propose recommended solutions. Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to compose professional correspondence representing the department and the agency. Experience with PHA web software, Excel and Windows Office programs preferred. Must be a high school graduate or GED recipient.
Contact Information: Please submit cover letter and resume to Patricia Duffy, Interim
Executive Director, Revere Housing Authority, 70 Cooledge Street, Revere, MA 02151.
RHA is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer.