Hiring (2) Full -Time employees to join the Revere Housing Authority team as Groundskeeper / Custodian/Laborer. Work involves the performance of routine duties related to the exterior maintenance of lawns, trees, shrubs, flower beds, walks, roadways, parking lots, etc.; the interior custodial maintenance of floors, walls, ceilings, windows, etc. in offices, public areas and apartments; and performs minor maintenance repairs and painting repairs. He/she will be required to lift and carry heavy objects, to work outdoors in all types of adverse weather conditions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities employment
- Knowledge of grounds keeping and custodial cleaning preferred.
- Knowledge of the proper use of chemicals, fertilizers, and pesticides.
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and safety measures.
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions.
- Ability to maintain acceptable working relationship with co-workers.
- Ability to work in adverse conditions, such as: sleet, snow, heat, cold, dust and dirt, as well as cramped quarters and high places.
- Ability to lift heavy objects.
- Knowledgeable and skilled in performing various painting tasks
- Knowledgeable and skilled in performing various carpentry tasks
- Work in a professional and courteous manner within a service environment.
- Perform preventive ground keeping and custodial procedures.
- Document information required maintaining records on preventive maintenance programs, repairs, installations, and stock utilization and working orders.
- Be proficient with hand and power tools.
- Report to work in emergency conditions.
- When necessary works under adverse conditions, shovels snow and lifts heavy objects.
- Performs all other related duties that may be assigned.
High school graduate with at least one-year of full time, or equivalent part-time experience in building custodial and grounds keeping. Possess a valid Massachusetts class D driver’s license.
Starting hourly rate is $28.18/ hr. based on experience; 40 hours per week, excellent benefits.
Please submit resume to Dean Harris, Director of Maintenance & Modernization, 70 Cooledge Street Revere, MA 02151 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Accepting resumes until position filled. RHA is an equal opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer.